6/15/2009

Kogi BBQ Truck- Food

SFV (San Fernando Valley) is not known to be an exciting place, but when a delicious taco truck...in fact, 2 delicious taco trucks known as Kogi BBQ roll up into our stomping ground you'll find a lot of excitement from fans waiting in lines. These lines continuously stayed wrapped around a corner of a neighborhood in Northridge for 2 hours straight that night. Luckily, my friends and I arrived early and checked our Twitter accounts to see how close Kogi was, because that's the in thing, yo...don't you know?

This was my third time experiencing the cultish trend of Kogi BBQ and it's always enjoyable. Check out the post I did the first time I visited the truck. Good food and good company is never a wrong combination. During our wait the cops stopped by. Our loitering probably made the neighbors nervous and hungry...

The past two times I've had Kogi I've gotten their tacos. I have yet to try their tofu tacos, so let me know if those are good. Instead of the same order I got their Korean short rib burrito. Honestly, I don't think I had the right appetite for it because it's a heavy one so be prepared for it if you get it.

The popular item among my group of friends was the sliders that seemed to grab attention and praise very quickly, so sliders are what I'll get on my next visit.

Kogi BBQ, please come to SFV every week. You know you love us and you know that we give you lots of business. See you soon!


Kogi Truck
Waiting on Reseda a little north past Devonshire

Kogi Truck
The cops (on the left) came by to make sure we weren't making trouble

Kogi Truck
As soon as the truck arrives fans cheer, probably more than some fans cheer for the Lakers when they need to hear it

Kogi Truck
This was my first time seeing the Kogi truck with graffiti art on it

Kogi Truck
Here's my group of friends I rolled with that night

Kogi Truck
More of my friends. And me. More of me I guess.

Kogi Truck
Peter and Kenny casually pointing at the Kogi sign

Kogi Truck
Here are some of the Kogi chefs/servers. I know they love the camera, especially the one pointing his hand at me. His "no" meant "yes" I'm sure.

Kogi Truck
Those are some of the tacos that we devoured. We all seemed to like the short rib tacos the best.

Kogi Truck
There's the popular sliders (on the left) that I'm for sure not missing out on next time

2 comments:

Patricia said...

those sliders were bomb diggity!! =)

Sheeba :) said...

Love the tacos From Kogi!