3/13/2009

Kogi BBQ-To-Go Taco Truck

On a corner off of Sunset in Silver Lake (district of East Hollywood) waited eager customers in a line for a truck that was not yet present. Last night was my first time to try the buzz of Korean tacos going around Los Angeles. They're called Kogi BBQ-To-Go "born out of an idea for late night hunger." Their specialty is serving Korean BBQ in tacos and burritos and their strength in marketing is credited to their many updates on Twitter. 

I joined with a few of my friends to take part in the late night experience, and left the experience with good thoughts and a smile that happily snacked away on tasty food.  I ordered three different tacos at $2 each: Korean short ribs, spicy BBQ chicken, and spicy pork. I also tasted the specialty that night, kimchee quesadillas. I found my hour wait in line to be worth it and determined that the short ribs was my favorite. Next time I will try their burritos. To learn more about their menu visit their website here: kogibbq.com/our-menu/

Below are some photos to enjoy. I'm sorry I can't give you some of Kogi's food to enjoy along with it. 


Waiting for the truck to arrive


Yes, there were cheers heard when the truck arrived


A fan running to her friends at the front of the line




Above is their menu


Kogi cooks busily wrapping their orders


Putting our order in


Waiting for our order


Some of the food we ordered


My friends who I went with

1 comment:

Ben said...

Thanks! I am based in St. Augustine Fl. I lived and traveled all over California last year with a nonprofit called invisible children.