8/12/2009

In Need of More Fundraising

There is never an easier way of asking for money then to simply and respectfully invite others to help. With the addition of the third class it creates a greater need for funds. In preparation of our upcoming gallery at the end of the month I need to raise money for the printing and framing costs. Originally, we were going to feature 20 of my students, but now the total is 30 students plus my own work. I've depleted my funds that I raised before the trip, so there is no other choice but to do a new fundraiser. If you're able to help out by giving $20, $50, or $100 it would go incredibly far for Tiny Toones. My goal is to raise $500 by Friday, August 21. This will accommodate the new set of students and be added to the budget for the photo exhibit supplies.

*(updated) Meta House in Phnom Penh has graciously allowed us to use their largest gallery for our event later this month. The event is titled, "Tiny Toones Freeze: Breakdancing for a Better Future." There will be a special performance by some of the dancers of Tiny Toones and a DJ spinning music during the opening night of the exhibit. Here is a blurb from their site on the event: "US photographer Jen May Pastores taught basic fundamentals of photography to the kids over 4 weeks. We invite you for tonight's exhibition opening, an auction and a performance by Cambodia's best-known breakdance crew."



Instead of sending in checks the best and quickest way is to use paypal. My account is under jenmay@jenmayphotography.com. Please send me an e-mail if you have any questions or if you're interested in donating for this cause.

The most difficult challenge I've faced for this trip was having to go without work for the months of June, July, and August in order to block out time to prepare and volunteer in Cambodia. I've donated much of my own money towards this trip and I'm happily working for free. Albiet it's tough to put things together without any money. As politely and humbly as I can I'd like to invite you to help out in this new fundraiser. Thank you in advance for your donations and for spreading the word.

No comments: