6/06/2009

Birthday BBQ @ Dockweiler Beach

Los Angeles is known for good beach weather perfect for driving with the top down and surfing... except for the day when we went. At Dockweiler Beach the clouds were thick in the sky and the wind made us wish we brought warmer jackets, but it wouldn't stop us from celebrating James' birthday. On days like this you can find pretty active skies that create drama in photos. In a future entry I'll show you some heavy black and white images I created from this same session and you'll see the drama that I'm talking about.

Dockweiler Beach
The left image could've used fill flash, but my batteries weren't charged up enough.

Dockweiler Beach
That's birthday boy, James, in the center

Dockweiler Beach
They had plenty of giant cupcakes for us to enjoy

Dockweiler Beach
The beach is close to LAX so quite often a plane would fly over us

Dockweiler Beach
I asked NiƱa to fly away with the plane

No comments: