12/03/2008

An Afternoon in Santa Monica- Family Session

Earlier this year I made the decision to turn down a full-time teaching job at a wonderful private school in Los Angeles. It was a difficult choice that tossed and turned in my mind as much as I did on those restless nights of wanting clarity from God on what I should do with my life. I wanted to succeed in my photography business, but I knew that I needed to devote more time for it than what I was committing towards it while also doing so many non-photography related jobs on the side. Like any answered prayer peace finally came way and in my heart I knew that God wanted to continue guiding me down this road of professional photography. I said goodbye to all of my kindergardeners that I grew to love in such a short time and pursued God and his desires for my life with a refreshed spirit. 

Since then I've been able to reap the seeds of hard labor and hours of work into a passion that I get to do for a living. I've also had opportunities to photograph my past kindergarden students such as Daniel and his family below. Daniel has grown taller, but is just as energetic as I remembered and a great big brother to his growing baby sister. I give thanks to his mom, Soo, for giving me an opportunity to capture their family!




We really had to keep an eye for rollerbladers and bicyclists!




Daniel really does love his baby sister.


Ellie scored a new pair of sunglasses at 
the shop by the Santa Monica Pier! (Thanks, Dad!)






I think Ellie had a long day before the shoot!







The fog didn't stop us from having a good time at the beach.

No comments: